Women rule the world and it’s no debating it. Continuing their fight for equal pay in various industries, the entertainment world, in particular, sees the ladies pulling in big money for their talent and/or appeal to the masses.
As with every year, Forbes has compiled the list of women in entertainment that have earned big over the past year. With only 16 ladies making the overall cut on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list, these women pulled in a collective $1.17 billion together.
As far as the women who are in the upper half of the list, Rihanna, at no. 7, earned a hefty $62 million. A few notches above her, Queen Beyonce pulled in an impressive $81 million over the past 12 months. Clocking in at no. 2, Ms. Kylie Jenner earned a mega $170 million, thanks to her cosmetic line and more. Snatching the top spot on the Forbes list among women, Taylor Swift wasn’t too far from $200 million as she raked in $185 million.
While the list still remains male-dominated and the fight for women to earn the same as their male counterparts continue on, it’s the women above plus many more who serve as a great inspiration to many across the world.
Check out 16 women who made the Forbes list and their respective earnings, below.
2019 Forbes Highest-Paid Women In Entertainment
1. Taylor Swift: $185 million
2. Kylie Jenner: $170 million
3. J.K. Rowling: $92 million
4. Beyoncé: $81 million
5. Ellen DeGeneres: $80.5 million
6. Kim Kardashian West: $72 million
7. Rihanna: $62 million
8. Katy Perry: $57.5 million
9. Pink: $57 million
10. Scarlett Johansson: $56 million
11. Judy Sheindlin: $49 million
12. Ariana Grande: $48 million
13. Jennifer Lopez: $43 million
14. Sofia Vergara: $43 million
15. Lady Gaga: $39.5 million
16. Celine Dion: $37.5 million