On Tuesday, a hearing took place at Manhattan’s Thurgood Marshall Courthouse, in connection to the Tekashi 6ix9ine racketeering case.
Anthony “Harv” Ellison allegedly kidnapped and robbed Tekashi 6ix9ine last year. And according to Complex, the hearing revealed that Ellison will be charged with assault and not kidnapping. The decision was made by the Supreme Court.
Ellison and Aljermiah “Nuke” Mack, “are the only defendants in the sprawling case who have not yet pleaded guilty.” Ellison’s lawyer Deveraux Cannick stated in court that his client will not plead guilty. “Anthony Ellison is going to trial,” Cannick said to reporters at the conclusion of the hearing.
“The only motive he has [for going to trial]: if Tekashi’s the one making the accusation, he wants to say, prove it. Tekashi has mastered the art of marketing, trolling, and, for lack of a better word, fabricating.”
Cannick went on stating that 6ix9ine did not mention Ellison’s name in connection to the incident. Claiming that the rapper only said that it was “an inside job.”
He concluded with, “we just want 12 fair-minded individuals who are prepared to listen to the proof and hold the government to its burden.”
On Tekashi 6ix9ine’s possible prison sentence, Cannick stated that he did “a lot of horrible things,” but doesn’t believe he deserves it.